L3 Windows and VMware Senior System Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer (L2/3)
Role and Responsibilities:
* Monitor systems performance and usage, including response times
* Supervise backups, optimisation, initiation of recovery procedures and routine troubleshooting
* Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure systems integrity and security
* Determine the systems' short- and long-term requirements
* Manage systems report production
* Advise senior leaders on system concepts and functional capabilities
* Provide technical advice to the team and clients on installation, setup, configuration of systems
* Interpret internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
* Implement plans to make systems available to users in a shared, secure and controlled manner
* Lead the development of new systems as per the system requirements
* Design security and integrity controls
* Conduct new systems testing and implementation
* Define the system maintenance procedures
* Analyse the use of new systems to identify enhancement needs
* Lead research initiatives for the development of advanced and automated approaches for system administration
* Seek opportunities to optimise the delivery of systems services with emphasis on availability, reliability, scalability, and security
* Conduct regular system audits and upgrades
* Develop automated processes to define, measure, and report on service quality, stability and capacity
* Oversee the assessment of risks to systems
* Identify complex system issues to provide advisory to the stakeholders
* Investigate cause of systems issues
* Resolve complex issues
* Provide escalation support for issues presented by the user
Requirements / Qualifications:
* At least 5 years experience in data centre operations supporting Wintel system. Solid experience in server virtualization technology, e.g. VMWare. Familiar with the latest virtualization and Windows technology.
* Strong in PowerShell and other scripting language. Proven track record on leveraging the scripting knowledge for automation and process improvement.
* Strong communications skills with stakeholders at all levels.
* Experience in healthcare applications preferred.
* Certification in MCSE preferred. Possession of ITSM knowledge will be added advantage.
* Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R2090074