Release Management & DevOps Manager
Our client is an international banking organization providing various services and solutions to their extensive clientele base. They are looking for an experienced APAC Release Management & DevOps Manager to join their team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Understand the enterprise strategies for SDLC automation capabilities.
- On-boarding the applications to the bank's standard platform for CI/CD.
- Develop utilities to provide self service capabilities using java or shell scripting.
- Understand the application architecture & interfaces. Provide support for integration & troubleshooting.
- Govern the Permit-to-Operate process and its adoption - for new initiatives and changes to existing solutions
- Represent release management in architecture review board for new project to identify risks and dependency
- Perform independent assessment of application release readiness covering both changes in-region and changes impacting APAC region
- Provide hands on CAB (Change Advisory Board) review backup to facilitate the weekly release approval process in region
- Partner with US and EMEA Release Management team for global process alignment and improvement
- Support and participate in operational risk discussion
- Lead planning and execution of remedy actions to close risk issues relating to release/configuration management
- Possess extensive experience with release management process and tools, preferably to have some application support or development experience in the payment domain.
- Work with global customers and support groups and ensure everything is fully communicated and understood with regards to any change initiatives.
- Provide overall coverage and control on changes being implemented into Payments/Treasury technology environments, prioritise their urgency, criticality, group changes in order of relevance, assess interdependencies between changes, determine and eliminate conflicts, assess risk and determine risk mitigating plans.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place for change management including implementation plan, back out plan, post change validation and start of business support etc.
- Have a strong understanding of the Payments/Treasury business/technology domain and can quickly understand, assess and pushback as well as support relevant changes and manage the change release into various environments all through to production.
- Ensure changes outside the scope of a release are fully accounted for within the release.
- Define and execute release management process maturity strategy to meet the demands for ability to deliver far higher volume of change to the platform with no reduction in stability objectives
- 8-10 years of experience with 5 or more years specific to Release Management or related discipline.
- Strong knowledge of Release Management processes and tools (Remedy)
- Strong knowledge and relevant experience with working and integrating SDLC tools
- JIRA - Defect & requirements management
- Source code management - Bitbucket. Knowledge on creating repo & maintenance
- Build Automation - Jenkins, Cloudbees
- Artifactory management - Jfrog, Nexus
- Deploy Automation - Ansible Tower, udeploy
- Splunk - Dashboard creation
- Solid understanding of Release Management functions within complex global financial institutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with various stakeholders (e.g. business partners, project manager technical lead, developers and testing associates who may be based in various geographical locations and timeframes.)
- Ability to influence other change groups to ensure delivery of service meets the level required by the organisation as a whole
- ITIL qualified
- Relevant experience in multiple operating systems, databases, development software platforms
- Solid understanding and knowledge of regulatory requirements and risks in the APAC region
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for the role, kindly submit your updated CV in word format to email@example.com
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
EA Licence No: 11C5502
EA Registration Number: R1877789