Oracle Database System Administrator
Our client is an international banking organization providing various services and solutions to their extensive clientele base. They are looking for an experienced Oracle Database System Administrator to join their team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Design, develop, and implement complex physical databases across multiple platforms, technologies and computing environments.
- Monitor the performance of databases and make tuning changes. Oversee ongoing system capacity planning, forecasting, and tuning.
- Perform research, prepare technical studies and make recommendations. Prepare business requirements reports, feasibility studies, and cost justification statements. Articulate information architecture to clients.
- Consult with higher level resources to ensure consistency of recommendations with enterprise direction. Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most cost effective design solutions.
- Work closely with technical and client management to ensure implementation of database management and support tools for complex business application development requirements and processes in accordance with latest enterprise direction (e.g., diverse development platforms, technological environments, software, hardware and tools).
- Consult with IT staff and clients to determine the impact of new or revised applications on information architecture. Consult with clients to determine information management requirements.
- Provide training and professional development on new technologies and applications to staff.
- Relevant knowledge of Oracle 11g, 10g, 12C , EXACC and EXADATA
- Relevant knowledge of Oracle security.
- Relevant knowledge of UNIX - AIX, Solaris, Linux
- Relevant knowledge of with Oracle RAC, ASM, Data Guard, Oracle Clusterware, GoldenGate
- Relevant knowledge of RMAN backups.
- Relevant knowledge of UNIX shells - Korn shell, bash, perl.
- Experience with SQL Server security framework and Active Directory
- Experience using Database Vault, Audit Vault and ASO.
- Experience using Grid Control monitoring tools.
- Experience with SAN storage systems
- Strong SQL skills. Ability to code packages and procedures.
- Expertise in backup and recovery and fail-over methods and best practices.
- Clear understanding of RDBMS fundamentals.
- Ability to write clear documentation of operating procedures, and ability to write specifications for applications to be developed in relation to security components.
- Exceptional communication, problem solving, and teamwork skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to follow clear methodologies for troubleshooting and development.
- Ability to support and work within standard software development life cycle practices.
Oracle PeopleSoft DBA Skills:
- PeopleSoft Centric Technical Skills/Knowledge:
- In-depth understanding of PeopleSoft architecture
- Application server configuration and monitoring background
- Process scheduler configuration and monitoring background
- Experience with PeopleSoft Data Mover
- PeopleSoft performance utilities and tracing options
- PeopleSoft temporary tables use and performance aspects
- PeopleSoft tablespace, table and index strategies
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft metadata structure / objects
- Understanding of PeopleSoft Messaging
- PS Query experience writing and monitoring
- PeopleSoft security
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for the role, kindly submit your updated CV in word format to email@example.com
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
EA Licence No: 11C5502
EA Registration Number: R1877789