Network Engineer UC Support
Our client is a top technology organization where they provide various platforms and innovation solutions through large data centers to their clientele base. They are looking for an experienced Network Engineer (UC Support) to join their team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide remote and on-site technical support, including but not limited to, Incident Management and Problem Management
- Escalate incidents, problems, changes to Team Lead, Service Delivery Manager, Account Manager or vendors as per defined business rules, ensuring timely resolution of client service requests
- Manage, own and co-ordinate technical resolution of incidents either remotely or onsite.
- Liaise with vendors needed to achieve incident and problem resolution.
- Maintain detailed knowledge (and be sensitive) of clients' environments, where applicable, by maintaining and updating relevant documentation.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of client voice environment.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of current and emerging technologies relevant to the role.
- Provide high levels of customer service and resolving problems/issues with the client in a constructive manner.
- Continuously update and improve own and designated knowledge and understanding of Voice and Video Telephony products.
- Prepare adhoc reports as required for contractual requirements.
- Assist in analyse of reports relating to voice management, including recommendations.
- Communication on the services delivered is provided to clients within the agreed timeframes.
- Strong knowledge of the clients Service Level Agreement around voice service.
- Liaise with colleagues and other departments to support open communication and exchange of information.
- Contribute to ITIL based processes to ensure successful delivery of services and initiate solutions to improve quality and productivity.
- CCNA- Voice or 1 or more CCNP-Voice track exams have been completed and the ability to obtain CCNP-Voice certification.
- 2 years of experience in a technical support environment working with Cisco products.
- Knowledge of Cisco Telepresence (Endpoints, VCS, MCU, TMS, TCS, etc), Unified Communications products (Cisco CUCM, UCCX, Unity, CUC, CUPS, Jabber, CWMS, Meeting Place, CMS, Calabrio, Verint etc.) and Cisco Routing and Switching.
- Experience working with Cisco IOS Software and VMware software.
- Experience working with MCS and UCS Hardware.
- Understanding of IP Addressing and related standards or protocols.
- Basic knowledge of Cisco routing and switching fundamentals.
- Understanding of Voice over IP technologies and protocols (Gateways, H.323, MGCP, SIP, etc).
- Proven experience troubleshooting environments which include Cisco Routers and Switches, and Cisco IP Telephony Infrastructure (Call Manager, Unity Connection, CUPS, UCCX, etc).
- Other Cisco Specialisations, etc (CCNP-Voice, CCNA-Video , CCNP-Routing and Switching, CCNA-Routing and Switching, etc.).
- Prior experience and/or training with regard to the ITIL Services Framework.
- Video Conferencing Technologies (Tandberg, Cisco, etc.).
- UCCX Scripting Experience (IVR).
- Monitoring tools such as Cisco Prime Collaboration.
- Knowledge and experience working with SIP
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for the role, kindly submit your updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
EA Licence No: 11C5502
EA Registration Number: R1877789