IT Programme Manager - Applications - 1 year contract
Application Business Services Team
Our client's Global IT applications service has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling their global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
Reporting to the Head of Programme Management Practice, you will be responsible for:
- Working with a new PMO setting up and maintaining a high quality project management methodology (both Agile and Waterfall - depending on project)
- Ensuring all aspects of change (both business and technical) are managed and implemented through the lifecycle of each project, working with other IT teams and business functions as necessary.
- Contributing to transforming the IT function into a strategic function through ensuring Group IT programmes and projects are structured, well planned and executed.
- Managing the key interdependencies within the Group IT roadmap BAU releases and those external to Group IT.
- Working with the Head of Programme Management Practice to manage changes in roadmap direction, scope, costs, resources and timing.
- Working to accelerate the wider business by providing direction for all project risks and issues ensuring effective mitigations and resolutions are in place, escalating in project governance where necessary.
- Enabling the growth and success by providing direction for all programmes and large projects including escalation path for all risks and issues
- Overseeing Project Managers to ensure projects have the appropriate level of Stakeholder sponsorship and engagement.
- Helping IT work towards being rapidly scalable by ensuring all projects are clearly defined with assumptions and success criteria agreed with stakeholders in the setup.
- As part of client's IT's Business Partner led approach, directing line management of a team of Project Managers practicing DSDM / Agile PM and PRINCE2 waterfall delivery and organising well organised 1:1s, team meetings (scrum like), quarterly, six monthly and end of year appraisals.
- Supporting IT to lower its cost to serve and be cost effective in every way through overseeing the Capex budget for Programme IT projects and reporting monthly LE to Head of Programme Management Practice.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Powerful change agent
- A visionary with a proven track record in strategic planning, individual/team development and service delivery
- Possess solid matrix management skills
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods including DSDM / Agile PM and PRINCE2.
- Good knowledge of Confluence / Jira and ability to work with PMO to build good practice.
- Practical execution of change management.
- Advanced risk management.
- At least 8 years' experience of IT project and programme management, ideally gained in strategic complex projects for large organisations.
- A proven record in delivery.
- In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes.
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience of delivering complex programmes.
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
- Experience in managing offshore/remote teams
- A strong agent of change.
- Ability to develop a strong programme team, potentially across multiple organisations and locations.
- Strategy formulation.
- Organisational design, business change management / communication planning.
- Budget management and financial reporting.
- Business case development and benefit realisation.
- Experience in leading complex and large value tender / vendor selections.
- Ability to lead an engagement with a client.
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: Consumer Electronics, Electronics Manufacturing Services and/or Electronics Materials
- Intricate knowledge and experience in Manufacturing system solutions
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Deployment of at least one cycle of SAP R/3 and/or S/4 Hana
- SQL capabilities
If you are keen to explore further, please click the "Apply" button or feel free to email me at email@example.com
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA License: 11C5502
Reg No: R1871051 (Cazalis Tabusalla Gregorio)