Looking for a seasoned Infrastructure Engineer who has experience in network, operating system and security engineering and operations
This role is responsible for working as part of the Infrastructure Engineering function working on the pipeline of IT infrastructure projects, assisting with any technology design and implementation work for business projects and provide technical support to the Infrastructure support function. The team make proactive recommendations on how the core IT operating environment can be improved and developed and are responsible for the implementation, documentation and handover to the support team of all IT infrastructure projects. The team are an escalation point for the IT support teams and are key people involved in resolving technical issues that are service impacting on high priority incidents.
* Work in a team of highly technical IT Infrastructure professionals implementing and documenting the agreed IT infrastructure project pipeline.
* Work with approved external resource, contract and consultants, to assist in delivering IT and business change where appropriate.
* Work using consistent global processes and documentation that is appropriate and usable by the IT operations teams and within the global governance framework.
* Make proactive suggestions to the Lead Infrastructure Engineer on how the current IT infrastructure can be improved and simplified in meeting business requirements.
* Stay up to with current industry trends and make proactive recommendations where they meet business requirements.
* Act as an escalation support when technical advanced troubleshooting is required.
* Work with the IT operations teams to innovate and automate operational processes where possible.
* Work with the IT security management team to ensure that IT Infrastructure environment is developed in line with the IT Security strategy.
* Work with IT operations team to ensure that Projects are supportable and handed over with sufficient training and documentation.
* Work with business projects to ensure they understand the best technical implementation for their project using the agreed IT principles. (Simplification, consistency, SaaS v Virtual v Physical etc...)
* Support the delivery of IT and Infrastructure roadmaps ensuring all allocated projects are delivered on time, to budget and of sufficient quality.
* Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
Person Specification (qualifications, experience, skills and knowledge required)
* Strong understanding of ITIL Foundation and knowledge of architecture frameworks like TOGAF
* Strong technical knowledges gained through hands on operational experience across Windows Server, network, Infrastructure security devices and Telephony VoiP.
* Extensive knowledge of Cisco devices and routing protocols.
* Possess initiative and a 'can do' attitude.
* Ability to work with team members, colleagues and business units to solve problems.
* Ability to manage external resource when required to deliver IT and Business change.
* Flexible and adaptable, ability to manage work within a changing environment.
* Flexible approach to working hours to accomplish urgent and ad hoc tasks.
* Strong technical background and problem solving skills
* Effective time management - proven prioritisation skills
* Good interpersonal skills - able to communicate well to both internal and external clients in written and oral form
* Strong customer service skills
* Good troubleshooting skills
Interest candidates please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
EA License No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1879202