My client, a leading international bank is looking for a Compliance Director to provide cover for the banks Wealth Management business to oversee the Finacial Crime Compliance Function
My client, a leading international bank is looking for a Compliance Director to provide cover for the banks Wealth Management business to ensure effective implementation of the Anti-Money Laundering ("AML") and Counter Financing of Terrorism ("CFT") Compliance regime.
It is a fast filling position with good pay structure; perfect move to move your banking career to the next level.
- Oversee the FCC function for the wealth management business
- Manage a team of 6 to 8 members and take responsibility of their performance and progression
- Provide advice to wealth management staffs, senior management and other stakeholders on FCC matters
- Communicate proactively with the business heads to provide and receive timely feedback on FCC matters
- Be the point of escalation for transaction monitoring alerts and reviews on wealth management client account activities
- Review suspicious transaction reports ("STR") and assist Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) of STR filing with the relevant authorities where necessary
- Conduct compliance testing on the FCC program for wealth management division
- Prepare and present MIS in relation to wealth management division related AML/CFT issues for senior management
- Be the point of escalation for the reviews of source of wealth write-up for wealth management clients
- Approve account opening requests for High Risk/PEP accounts
- Review on other financial crime related issues including anti-bribery and corruption, sanctions and other adverse news
- Review and update AML Policies for Asia (excluding Japan) region periodically
- Review AML/CFT risks in relation to new product and platform offerings
- Provide training to wealth management staff and senior management on AML/CFT matters
- Oversee the framework and manage key risk indicators of the front office, in relation to FCC matters
- Liaise with audit and regulators on FCC related issues
- Liaise with other corporate functions on FCC related issues
- Liaise regionally with the local Compliance officers in AEJ on FCC matters
- Run effective projects in relation to FCC matters, remediation, or process improvements.
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you would have the following Skills & Qualifications:
- University-level Degree preferably in a relevant discipline (Finance, Accounting, Business, Legal)
- 8-10 years' experience in an AML Compliance role in a financial institution, preferably with private and institutional banking exposure
- Excellent command of the English language, with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- Experience in managing a team
- Good understanding of the AML/CFT legislations and regulations
- ACAMS and/or other relevant AML qualifications preferred
- Able to liaise and interact with internal stakeholders and external parties
- Disciplined and self-motivated individual who can work independently and under pressure
- Proficient in Mandarin & Cantonese is an added advantage as this role requires reviewing of documentations in Chinese & interaction with internal stakeholders based in Hong Kong
If you're interested in this role, please send your updated CV (word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1770166
Registration Name: Suhani Malhotra