My client, a globally recognised energy trading firm is looking to hire a contract specialist for their middle office risk management team.
Job Position: Contract Specialist
Contract Type: 6 Months
My client, a globally recognised energy trading firm is looking to hire a contract specialist for their middle office risk management team. It is a fast filling position offering a good pay structure and flexible working environment.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to further develop skills and responsibility within a growing and successful commodity trading business.
- To draft transaction confirms for physical LNG deals to reflect both the commercial terms agreed with their external and internal counterparties and the relevant counterparty agreement. These confirms will cover deals originated in both the Asia Pacific and Europe.
- To work with both Legal and Middle Office teams to manage the counterparty physical contract workflow process from deal execution to final signature in a timely and accurate manner.
As a successful applicant, you would have the following Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience working in a (physical) commodity trading environment with direct responsibility for LNG confirmation drafting (Five plus years of experience is preferred)
- Preference for direct LNG experience but may consider other commodity trading background such as coal/gas
- Physical LNG confirmation drafting and process management experience
- Familiarity with the contractual forms associated with the trading of physical LNG cargoes.
- Familiarity with physical energy contract legal and shipping terms.
- Experience of working directly with the trading and legal functions of an energy trading company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders at all levels as well as external counterparty representatives
- Must be detail oriented, productive and efficient
- Must be well-organised and comfortable working in a (sometimes) stressful and demanding work environment
- Strong commercial outlook
If you're interested in this role, please send your updated CV (word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion. Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1770166
Registration Name: Suhani Malhotra