Singapore is famed for its financial industry and is considered the fourth largest foreign exchange market in the world. As a thriving economic hub, Singapore is alive with employment opportunities for the global professional.
At Morgan McKinley our experts in international recruitment can help you secure the job you want in a number of global locations, including Singapore. With celebrated sustained economic growth, open door business policies, political stability and good health care system, working in Singapore has never been so attractive to professionals looking to move abroad. Morgan McKinley has a proven track record in helping thousands of people find their job in finance, accountancy, and banking.
Living in Singapore – Fast Facts
- Singapore has booming biomedical sciences, chemicals, electronics, engineering and IT industries.
- The currency is the Singapore dollar.
- The population of Singapore is estimated at just above 5 million.
- Singapore’s climate is divided between two monsoon seasons and typified by hot, wet weather.
- Singapore’s working week is different to the Ireland’s, consisting of 44 hours on average across five days, with a half day on Saturdays.
Visa and tax requirements in Singapore
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs states that visitors to Singapore require a valid passport, details of confirmed onward or return journeys, demonstrable funds, and a visa, if required. The type of visa varies from airport transit, business, tourist, student to employment and permanent residence visa.
The Singapore Embassy or the Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore in Dublin (+353 1669 1770) can help to provide you with further details about applying for a visa. Once you have secured your visa, speak to Morgan McKinley about opportunities in Singapore.